Planning & Economic Development

Image result for planning and economic development

The Planning and Economic Development Department provides professional assistance to the Town Council, community partners, advisory boards and citizens to responsibly manage land use and development, while considering the implications, growth on public safety, community aesthetics, and Economic Development.

The department also assists citizens, brokers, developers, surveyors, etc., with various land use applications for regulatory review such as, but not limited to, zoning permits, special use permits, variances, and ordinance text amendments.

Code enforcement staff performs inspections and work to ensure compliance with the Town of Selma’s Municipal Code in the areas of abandoned, nuisance and junked motor vehicles, community appearance, zoning, public nuisances, etc.

How can I report an unsightly or possible unsafe condition?
Town of Selma Incident Report Form

Town of Selma Complaint Form
Johnston County Complaint Form
or Please call Town Hall at 919-9841, Ext 1007

Closed Code Enforcement Cases (Public Nuisances Related)
Open Code Enforcement Cases (Public Nuisance Related)
Blighted Property / Unsafe Buildings and Structures Report (Closed)
Blighted Property / Unsafe Buildings and Structures Report (Open)
Code Enforcement - Before and After


Building Inspection Services

The Johnson County Inspection Department provides building inspection services for the Town of Selma. Additional information (i.e., forms, construction permit applications, etc.) may be viewed online by clicking:

Johnston County Inspection Department

309 E. Market Street
Smithfield, NC  27577
Office:  919-989-5060
Fax:      919-989-5431

Code of Ordinances
The Town of Selma's Municipal Code and other various codes are posted on the Town's website for your reference.  You can access this page by clicking here:

Strategic Goals and Objectives


© Town of Selma, North Carolina. All Rights Reserved.